Fitness and Aquatics Coordinator
Position open until filled
This position is responsible for the direction and coordination of fitness and aquatics programs and operations.
• Maintains a physical presence and reliable attendance with the ability to respond at all hours when necessary.
• Plans, organizes, and teaches fitness classes.
• Manages fitness instructors and related contracts.
• Teaches lifeguard and water safety instructor classes.
• Updates and maintains fitness equipment.
• Completes annual, monthly, weekly, and daily planning and implementation of aquatic activities.
• Maintains positive and effective public relations with fitness instructors, lifeguards, members, service contractors, and the public.
• Assists with developing standards and lesson plans.
• Enters data, creates calendars, and builds class records in recreation program software.
• Explains and enforces fitness rules and regulations governing fitness and aquatics activities and operations.
• Hires, trains, assigns, directs, schedules, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff.
• Performs fitness assessments and personal training for members.
• Performs related duties.
More information and how to apply at Spearfish Parks and Recreation
INTERNSHIP AND SEASONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Game Fish and Parks are hiring interns and seasonal help for their 2022 season. Visit SD State Interns or SD State Seasonal for listings and locations.
Intern positions include:
– Aquatic Invasive Species
– Archery Education/Naturalist
– Blue Dog Hatchery
– Conservation Officer
– Conservation Social Science
– Conservation Technician
– Cultural Resources Site Monitor
– Fisheries Management
– Hunting Education/Naturalist
– Museum Director
– Natural Resource
– Park Management
– Parks GIS
– Volunteer Coordinator
– Wildlife Damage
– Wildlife Habitat Management
– Wildlife Technician