The South Dakota Department of Game, Fish and Parks Wildlife Diversity Program is accepting proposals for the Wildlife Diversity Small Grants Program. This program provides funding for researchers, educators and naturalists to carry out projects focused on native wildlife. Funding for the 2020 Small Grants Program totals $20,000 for projects focused on education and outreach for native wildlife species and their habitats. Proposals are due by February 14, 2020. Learn more
The Wellmark Foundation has announced their 2020 MATCH Grant offerings, which focus on the access to and consumption of healthy foods and built environments that encourage physical activity. The Large MATCH Grant cycle is for awards/requests up to $100,000 with applications due Feb 21. The Small MATCH Grant cycle will follow with awards/requests up to $25,000 with applications due in June. Learn more
Congratulations to the 2019 SDPRA award winners! These individuals were recognized Wednesday night for their outstanding contribution to parks and recreation in South Dakota.
- Years of Service Awards: Steve Papendick, Paul Beckwith, Jon Corey, Becky Graff, Sue Palmer
- President’s Award of Appreciation: Brandon Brake
- Distinguished Citizen Award: Karen Olson
- Individual Citation Award: Mitch Best
- Young Professional Award: Erin Homes, Rapid City Parks and Recreation
- Professional Service Award: Emilie Miller, South Dakota State Parks, Pierre
- Hall of Fame Award: Bob Schneider, South Dakota State Parks, Pierre
- Hall of Fame Award: Lon Van Deusen, Rapid City Parks and Recreation
Learn how these folks impacted parks and recreation through their leadership, contributions, and commitment.
Paige O’Farrell of Sioux Falls, SD, and Logan Haak of Yankton, SD, have each been named the recipient of a $2,000 scholarship presented by the South Dakota Parks and Recreation Association. The scholarships are an investment in our youth and the future parks and recreation in South Dakota.
Learn how these students are already making a name for themselves in the field of parks and recreation.
The annual SDPRA Conference is nearly here! View the full agenda online. Make sure you bring clothes and equipment appropriate for the sessions and activities you signed up for – and remember that this year’s banquet has a tailgating theme, so no suits and ties required! If you’re able to contribute to the silent auction benefiting our scholarship fund, it’s not too late – just bring it with you to the conference. See you there!